zondag 3 november 2013

Boekkunst Leiden

This weekend I went off to Leiden to see the bookprinting-paradise. There was a fair with over 100 stands of professional bookprinters en -binders. This old handcraft is still very alive!




What also was fun was that my left my iPhone at home because it needed charging. So off I went, with no possibility to check messages in the train, to use my navigation or the Dutch railwayapp. It turned out very nice actually. I had great conversations in the train with a person from Sweden and California, I found my way in Leiden by just asking people. It felt kind of free and peaceful. Maybe I should try to use my phone a little less often ;-), I can recommend it.
At the fair I met Maartje from Letterkabinet after quite a while and admired her beautiful work. I only I could be that patient and precise!



1 opmerking:

  1. o een super gaaf dagje gehad lijkt me zo! Leuk om inderdaad zulk bijzonder handwerk te zien.
    Zou iedereen eigenlijk vaker moeten doen he, weg gaan met zonder telefoon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for your comments, I really love to hear from you.